Monday, August 31, 2009

been battiling a cold the last few days. feeling kinda better today. i am working on making the best of my job. i called my apcd today to ask him about it, but he never got back to me. i made a new friend tho, so thats cool. i love to look at pictures and remember my life before i came to ghana, it's funny, and bittersweet. i miss you guys, especially when i'm sick and not feeling well. my peace corps friends here tho are amazing. i wouldn't be here without them. still battling some internal issues of purpose, but that should be worked out once i can talk to my apcd. (that means associate peace corps director, my REAL boss.) i didn't go to work today, cuz i am sick. got some new dvd's- including forrest gump and a tom hanks collection, a pixar collection, and a sylvester stallone collection. so on saturday i laid on the couch coughing and sniffling and watching a rocky marathon. nothing can lift my spirits when im sick like rocky...

i posted my new phone number and mailing address for all those interested. the takoradi address is only for letters tho, please send packages to the accra address. it has to do with postage... i dont know.

i miss you guys, hope you are all doing well. love you.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I hope you feel better soon! This is what you set out there to do so hang in there! We miss you here. Em and Nathan are coming to visit next week and mom and dad the following week. Boys are well- Dom is sleeping about 5 straight hrs now so that is nice. Ant is learning new words daily and tried to sit on Dom's face the other day. Most of the time he gives him kisses though ;) Miss you and thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Like Laura said, I'm going down there this wknd. What can we send you, besides magazines. Mom said you have to travel really far to get your mail, so if there is an easier way to send you something like if it's lighter and can get to your village so you don't have to travel, let us know. So mags and pix, is what I have so far.
    For me- back to work yesterday, playing catch up and gmail has been down for like an hour, so I'm wigging out. Jason is now working in harrisburg at the bagel shop w his friend temporarily, so he is out there for most of the week. Nathan went w him today. We are going to start Nathan in preschool next week, maybe like 2 days each week. Good for him and good for me so I can get some work done. maine was great, nice and cool! Miriam and CHase and Bootie were all able to visit as well, and Nathan wound up flying home w Aunt Moo.
    My friend Jen Meyers just got engaged too. Other than that, not much else new heeyah!
    love you, miss you, feel better. pls give us specific instructions on what you would like us to send, and we can work on them together this wknd.
    Em

    ReplyDelete