Friday, August 21, 2009

no longer PCT, im a PCV now!

yup, thats right. got sworn in aug 14th in a not-very-exciting ceremony. i'm the real deal now, i travel alone, live alone, and have a job. life's good. i'm in takoradi now and for the next two years. big news, i got a puppy!!!!! her name is nala, and shes the most adorable puppy in the whole wide world and the love of my life. she was free from one of my neighbors in maase. i picked her out of 5, becuase she was so cuddly when i'd go to visit. shes super tiny, and fits in my two hands put together. shes tan and white, and i don't know how big she will get but most dogs in ghana are on the small side. she keeps me company.

i'm doing fantasy football to get my eagles fix. o yea, what is this i hear about the birds taking vick??!?! please tell me i've been misinformed. anyway, keep me up to date with the season, cuz i don't think ill be able to find a place to watch it.

k ppl keep askin me wat i need. i'm pretty hooked up with my housing so i don't really need things, but i want them. these include....

-shampoo (insanely expensive here)
-gossip magazines, or any magazine really
-travel packs of snacks. i.e., candy, juice mixes, easy mac,
-big item here: Burberry london perfume. mine ran out as soon as i got here and i just always seem to smell
-PICTURES!!!
thats all i can think of for now. love you all and miss you.

4 comments:

  1. yes it is true about Vick and the eagles, its big news here. its all I here about! Will be sending you stuff soon and will def. send you some dog toys for nala! i want to see pictures! i hope you can get them online :) love ya, ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better keep nala away from philly! ;) Glad things are well. How is work going? We miss you here... can't wait for Nala to meet Bailey and for you to meet your new nephew Dom! Let me know if you haven't been able to see pics- I have them on facebook and think I sent them through snapfish to you. Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, dad says the Eagles took Vick on the condition he doesn't get within 500 feet of an SPCA. Ha! Ha! I'm waiting to hear if you got the first package I sent. I will send another when your Proactive comes in. I think you will smell better with deodorant than with perfume. I will send pics when I get back to NJ. Congratulations on becoming an official PCV. Nala is the opposite of your dream Saint Bernard. I'm glad she is there to keep you company. I'm anxious to hear about your new work assignment. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Leave it to Julian to be late on everything! I'm soo out of the loop. I think youre mother is right; deodrant would suit you much better than burberry london (nice try though). Oh my god, I am loving philly everyday...you have no idea. but i wish you were here. its really very sad, and lonely...and of course it sucks. i do anything just to get out of the damned house which is why im always in philly! come back soon. i didnt win the lottery yet so i have no plans on moving out there anytime soon. =(

    ReplyDelete