Saturday, August 8, 2009

Almost done

So this past week has been the end of my pre-service training. On Thursday I took my Language Proficiency Test for the Ghanaian language Fante. I was really nervous that I didn't do well, but I found out yesterday that I passed! I scored Intermediate-Mid, which is the requirement for us to pass. I also have to take my technical evaluation today. this is just a test on everything that we've been learning for my sector- Small Enterprise Development. We have our draft for fantasy football tomorrow, and then Monday is our SED party. Thursday is swearing in and celebration! I bought some really gorgeous jewelry from the local bead market, and some nice white sandals. My host mother bought me fabric to be made into a dress for swearing in. I went to the seamstress last night and picked out my pattern. I think its gonna look really good! It's gonna be really hard to leave all my friends, but we're already planning our IST, Birthday parties, thanksgiving, christmas, and New Years Parties. (I'm hosting new years!!!!) Hope everything is goin alright at home. Once football starts you gotta keep me updated. Ok, love you. bye.

3 comments:

  1. Christine, Congrats on passing the Fante language test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats chrissy! sounds awesome! missed you on my birthday! wasn't the same without you :( i'll be sending you something soon, i promise, ive been so busy with student teaching stuff. blaa. and the more i write to you the more i miss you! lol. i went on a canoeing trip for my birthday in the pine barrens. it was fun but i kept thinking of the canoe you and me took out lol. and it also reminded me of the time at camp when we sunk the sailboat; and patti and hetal had a canoe together and got stuck on the other side of the lake. stay classy. love ya, ashley c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE are very proud of you, Chris! I wish I could see a picture of your dress. Em and Nathan were here and wow! life with a two year old is never dull. He may be flying home with Moo. Then Em will stay here until Erin and Chase leave. We always pray for you. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete