Monday, January 11, 2010

It's a New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Afihyia Paaaaa-oooo!!!!!!!!!
Sorry it's a couple weeks late, I've been away from the computer for a while. Hope your holiday was fun-filled and merry. Mine was, but in a bittersweet way. I was thinking on Christmas day, that this was a Christmas of firsts. The first Christmas I spent away from home, the first Christmas I spent away from family and friends, the first christmas I didn't bake cookies (or eat, for that matter), the first Christmas I didn't open any gifts, or buy any gifts, the first Christmas I went to the beach... and probably many more that I can't think of. But regardless of all that, I relaxed with close friends and had a nice day. New Years was also fun, about 20 volunteers gathered at a beach resort and we had a bonfire on the beach and lots of dancing. Good friends, good times, and good wine. I love living on the beach. :)

Apparently it is possible to catch a cold in 90+ degree weather, and not just any cold, the kind that knocks you off your feet for a whole week. Being sick here is always worse than being sick at home.

The Africa Cup of Nations started last night, and Ghana is in an excited state. Especially following the news that Togo, after being attacked with gunshots, will not be playing. Togo was to be Ghana's first match. I'm reeally trying hard to like football, since it's the only sport that matters here.

My puppy is no longer a puppy, she's a woman! Nala is in heat. It's not as gross as you'd think, but it's difficult. I took her out for a walk last night to the store to buy some rice, and halfway there I was picking up stones to throw at the pack of dogs trying to get to her. No more walks, I've decided.

That's all for now,
Love you and Miss you!

PS- CONGRATS to Linda!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment