Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010

It's a new year, I'm another year older, and I've never been so excited to begin a year. Things just feel right, they feel great, actually. Even though I'm living a crazy, unusual life in a place far away from home, I know that I'm where I want to be. I'm following my dreams, and accepting the stark realities that are the consequences of following dreams. I love myself, my family, and so many people around me. I've become more accepting of my own shortfalls, as well as the shortfalls of others. I am happy in knowing that I'm living this life with no regrets, and giving all I can to the people I've been sent to serve. Idealism only works with some good old fashioned realism, and I've come to terms with that fact. While I may not be able to save the world, I can do something, which means more to me than giving up and doing nothing. I've been told that I go through phases, and I can only laugh and agree. But if this is a phase, it took me a long time to get here, and I hope I can stay for awhile. It's a good one. :)

On that note, I've had a great time in Jersey. My two weeks at home was a unique experience; I noticed that not too much has changed in the last seven months, but that I have changed alot. It's a hard thing to put into words, but I guess it is, in essence, an appreciation for life that I didn't have before, and a different view of the world . I am so grateful that I was able to be with my family when we said our final goodbyes to my PopPop. He was a great man, and it was obvious that he lived his life in a way that endeared him to people. I got to meet my newest nephew, spend time with my other two nephews, hang out with my sisters, spend time with my parents, and meet and visit with other family. I also got to see almost all of my amazing friends, and reconnect with some that I haven't heard from in a while.

I'm flying back to Africa today, and will find out my fate, so to speak. But whatever, it's all good. Gotta believe it.
Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment