Sunday, September 20, 2009

I went to the doctor last week in Accra to see if I am sick. It took me 8 hours to get there. (It should've taken 3-4). Travel in ghana is always an adventure. While there I was able to meet up with a friend and we went to the mall (!) and saw a movie. The movie was awesome (it's called UP), and what made it cooler is that we were the only ones in the movie theater. For two whole hours I completely forgot where I was. When we walked out into the lobby, reality set in, that yea, i am still in ghana. But this was not in a bad way, it was just a strange feeling. It's going to be even weirder to come back home after living here for two years. But I have plenty of time before I have to think about that.
I am still waiting for the results of the test, so when I find out if i'm sick i'll let you know.
Nala has at least doubled in size in the past two weeks, and everyone has been noticing and asking me what I'm feeding her. I just laugh. It's probably because I'm finally feeding HER and not her worms!! So she's happy and healthy and makes me laugh.
If you want to send parmesan cheese, that'd be amazing. Since I eat spaghetti for dinner EVERY night, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Please keep me up to date with eagles info. Love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine, I loved reading your stories. I saw UP also, really sad animation! It sounds like you are really enjoying your PC experience. There is a project at the National Peace Corps Association called Africa Rural Connect where you can post about your experiences in Ghana. We would love for you to be involved, especially as a current PCV. Just go to http://www.AfricaRuralConnect.org. I hope to see you there. Keep up the great work!

    Bari Hirschberg (NPCA)

    ReplyDelete