Monday, June 1, 2009

And away we go....

It's the night before I leave and I don't know how to feel. I'm anxious and uber-excited, but at the same time it's bittersweet and absolutely crushing to say goodbye to my friends and family. And it's not like, "bye, see ya in a month." It's "bye, see ya in two years." How does one say goodbye for two years? I still haven't quite figured it out... Anyways, I finished all my packing today, hope my luggage is within the weight restrictions. (still kinda up in the air about that.. i guess i'll see when i get to the airport) I think i remembered to do everything but i probably didn't. Tomorrow at noon I have to meet all 67 of my fellow Ghana volunteers in Philly and say bye to the rents for good. Then from there on out it's gonna be a whirlwind of new feelings, new sceneries, and new cultures! I can't wait!

I probably won't be able to post again for two weeks at least, but I'll try to let everyone know how it's going. If you don't hear from me, assume I'm doing well and livin life.

peace.

6 comments:

  1. you will be fine. i wish you lots of luck and love in west africa, and when you come back to marry kam i want to be invited to the wedding; i buy nice wedding gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah marry kam he seems cool! i like your blog.- ashley c

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Christine --

    That's very exciting! I got nominated to a program in West Africa leaving in June 2010. I can't wait to keep reading your blog throughout your experience.
    I have been to Ghana before on a mission trip and you'll absolutely love it!

    Peace.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. xtine! miss you already!!! hope you're havin a blast!!!!
    <3333333, LYNZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you??? I've lost my mind. I took a picture of the red sweeper and put it on my fb. Oh, I am also sending your parents a letter. Don't be mad, its not a bad letter. Marvin says hi. BE GOOD! No...wait, be BAD for me, because I cant be BAD for a while. The SB's are no more, and I just want to behave for a while...I'm not sure though how long that will last.

    ReplyDelete